Svilen Stoicheff

Art wrote:
Two conditions will affect this, first is leaking crt onto the deflection
board, very common with Samsung, Akai RPTV CRT SETS. Second in failure in
the convergence dynamic output circuit or the fluid has also gotten to the
signal circuit contaminating the DCU assembly. In depth diagnostics required
to assure that there is no coolant fluid leakage, and if there is, what is
damaged. BTW the crts come with the yokes attached. When changing any of
them for leakage order the crt circuit boards (complete 3 card assembly with
focus assembly) also. What a nice design!!

I should have mentioned that the TV in question is a projection TV.

"kip" wrote in message
.. .

If its a Plasma set you will have to call for
service there is zip you can do yourself.
If its a regular pro set change the convergence IC,s

kip

"Svilen Stoicheff" wrote in message

I have a 42" Akai projection TV, model PT4298HD. I turned it on today and
saw that the picture appeared misaligned -- the red color displays in an
out-of-sync, non-horizontal shape. See these pictures:
http://stoicheff.dynu.com/images/43600195.JPG
http://stoicheff.dynu.com/images/43600196.JPG
I've tinkered with computers, but I'm new to projection TVs. Any pointer
in the right direction will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Svilen