James Sweet

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Steve Lewinsky wrote:

In the arcade machines that I collect, we use CGA type monitors from
Wells-Gardner, Electrohone...etc. These monitors are apparently just the
basic circuits from a TV without the tuner. They use standard R-G-B-

sync as
inputs. In fact there was one monitor I had that had an entire section

of
parts missing that was the tuner circuit and stuff.

So my question is.. on a Color TV is there a spot where I can tap in and
input R-G-B-Sync to convert a Television into a CGA monitor?

A CGA monitor is TTL levels on the video and sync, while the TV is 1V
P-P NTSC or other video system so you have to convert the signals to
drive the TV as a CGA monitor.

Arcade monitors are CGA resolution, but they're analog RGB just like a TV.