Kevin

I am 16 and I would like to learn how to make frames for my paintings,
any suggestions about wood and tools I might need. I like red woods
maybe some one who has done this before could help me?

I'm not sure if anyone will still see this thread, but I wanted to
let you guys know that I just finished creating a complete tutorial
on the entire process of building custom picture frames from scratch,
including the glazing, mounting, and matting.

Please take a look and let me know if you have any suggestions for
improvements, or if you find it useful:

http://kombat.org/FrameMaking/index.html

Kevin.