Approx 3.5in is the MAX depth of cut on your saw.

Of course, you can do the cut in 2 passes, one on each side to handle
thicker material

John

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 19:53:15 -0500, "Steve DeMars"
wrote:

I am just starting in woodworking so I post a lot of questions, sorry if to
many on too many topics . . . But I have never been so excited about
learning to do anything as woodworking . . . .

My latest question is . . . . I really want to build a "REAL" workbench . .
. . Problem, I bought a Delta X5 2HP Contractors Table Saw.
I operate it on 220VAC. Is it capable of cutting 3 1/2" to 4" hardwood to
make the slabs for making of the laminate top. After reading this page
http://swigerwoodworks.com/my_workbench.htm, I realize my saw might not be
capable of building one of these work benches. Anyone who has run hardwood
of this thickness thru a 2HP saw, please le me know what blade you used or
would suggest.

Thanks again . . . Steve