Upscale

"Steve DeMars" wrote in message news:rXcJe.4830
. . Problem, I bought a Delta X5 2HP Contractors Table Saw.
I operate it on 220VAC. Is it capable of cutting 3 1/2" to 4" hardwood to
make the slabs for making of the laminate top.

The specs say that the maximum depth of cut with a 10" blade is 3 1/8". By
cutting slowly and carefully and giving the blade time to remove the waste,
I've cut wood thicker than that on my similarly sized saw by cutting through
one side, flipping the wood over and then cutting the other side. Another
alternative is cutting one side with the table saw, then cutting the piece
off with a hand saw and then flattening that part with a block plane.