Jeff Wisnia

Ignoramus4205 wrote:

My deceased grandpa had a drill like this in Russia 15 years ago, and
he was retired by then. It must be pretty old... I hope that you are
not trying to drill teeth with that thing...

My uncle Leo, the dentist, brought one with him when he made tracks out
of Germany and us in the USA, around 1939.

It was foot powered (Via one foot pedal which looked like the kind on a
bass drum, and a pretty big pulley sort of like a treadle sewing machine.)

He did quite a bit of dentistry for family members during WWII.

IIRC, the belt looked like it had a woven fabric cover over something
round and was about 1/8" diameter.

Thanks for the mammaries,

Jeff

--