IMM

Default Want to build a new house in my back garden

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Imm wrote:
Nonesene. Two homes that look the same, similar spec and price? But

one
has virtually no heating bills. ********!! What naive world are you

in.
The word "eco " sells.

"The reason why house-owners have
generally chosen to spend money on an
unsustainable central heating system
rather than on insulation

What the hell are you on about? You make pout that 50% of all homes are
eco. Eco is houses are few and far between to the point I doubt if anyone
reading this has even been in one.

can only be
explained by the cheapness of gas and the social status of owning (and
selling) a house with central heating.

People spend a fortune on UFH because they don't like reds on walls.

by insulating the house to a high
degree the central heating system could have been very much smaller and
less expensive to run, but "economy" and "inconspicuous consumption" at
present carry little social cachet in mainstream society. Only a few
eco-pioneers such as Sue Roaf (Oxford Ecohouse), and CAT have been brave
enough to build and live in an autonomous house.

There are reckoned to be around 1000 eco homes inthe UK, and growing by the
year.

For the masses, relying as
they do on mortgages from ultra-conservative
Building Societies,
conventional solutions dominate"

Ultra conservative? they are throwing money at people.