mac davis

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:58:16 -0500, "Steve DeMars" wrote:

Poured a slab (7) years ago for a general purpose "shop". Not necessarily
woodworking. Never built the shop, threat of moving kept me from doing so.
Now (7) years later I want to get into woodworking & there sits that slab.
It's 22' long by 20' wide. . . Can I operate a woodworking shop without
"everything on wheels in that amount of space. Would be like to build
bookcases, smoking stands, tables of all sizes & some cabinets. Do I need to
pour more slab?

I have the following:

Table Saw - Delta Contractors with Biesemeyer 30" Fence
Drill Press - Delta 20" 70-200
Grinder on stand - Delta 8"
Air Compressor - vertical tank - Ingersoll Rand - 2HP
Hand power tools - drills, saws, etc . . (no specialized woodworking like
biscuit cutters)

Will buy eventually . . . wish list to be acquired over (2) year period

Miter Saw
Band Saw - large
Jointer
Planer
Router Table ( will build )
Dust Collector - (cyclone type
Lathe
Work Bench (will build )

Will it fit and work or do I "need" more slab . . . . suggestions please . .
. I figure I get one shot at this . . .

As far as shops go, bigger is always better.... but you can get along with what
you have, too..
my shop, like a lot of others here, is in a 2 car garage and shares space with a
washer, dryer & sink.. I'd love more room, but get along with what I have...

Regarding the wheels, the older I get, the more of my stuff is on wheels and as
close to the same height as possible...
Easy to roll something like a sander outside in nice weather, etc.... and you
KNOW that you're going to rearrange the tool placement several times, and it's
easier on both you and the tools to roll them.. YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing