Chuck

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 20:46:36 -0500, Prometheus
wrote:

Yep. I wonder how those snaky-looking welts on the trunks of red
maple turns, though. Seems like there'd have to be *something* of
interest in the grain under those, but I hate to cut down a perfectly
healthy tree just to find out.

Nothing wrong with cutting a healthy tree to turn it. Heck, you'll
use it anyhow, won't you? Loggers cut 'em all the time. Cut a tree,
plant a new one, just like any other crop. It's not like you're going
to shoot a buffalo, take its tongue and leave the rest of it to rot.

I say, if it's on your property or you've got permission of the
landowner, cut it, turn it, enjoy it.
--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com