IMM

Default Want to build a new house in my back garden

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Well seeing as it [Milkton Keynes]is
a boom town/city and they are short of houses you naive
view of the world is once a again off mark.

Everywhere is short of houses, it is alleged.

That is true.

The majority of
people don't live in new towns

becausedon't have many of them.

or would wish to do so.

They would, tat is why MK is booming and peopel want to live there.

You are right. Just as well we have Johnny then.

His boss sees him as a liability,
but then he's a snot, of course.

Johnny is not a snot. He went to Oxford for a month or two to do a course.

Free market? about 15 companies build about 85% of all homes.

Monopolies.

Nothing close to it.

It is.

They are doing very well so why should
they change. That is their entality.

Why indeed. The economic drivers are not there.

Exactly, so the government should
force change through.

it's exactly why it shouldn't.

You are confused.

Because it has to keep the country keeping up. I wish they would
de-legislate on land though.

I wish that they would repeal most of the garbage regulations and
stealth taxes introduced since 1997.

I hope they keep them except the taxes as LVT should be introduced.

Very unlikely to happen, so purely academic.

I very much doubt whether there will be meaningful land reform in our
lifetimes.

If, in 1988 you said that the Soviet empire would be dismantled in a few
years with Russia apply to join NATO you would have found a van pull with
men in white coats pulling you in. And that is exactly what happened.

The Soviet empire was doomed from
the outset,

Missed the point again. A clear inability to focus