Roy

I am not aware of any tanden seat Hawker Hunters.......Spent 3 weeks
in England with the folks in the know and we covered all aspects of
the hunters in anticipation of getting them for Northern Lights. The
fuselage section containing the cockpit and nose were interchangeable
from trainer to fighter aircraft, so it was not like it wa a major
modification being done, as it wa pretty common practice back when
Hunters were in there hey day to readly convert them between fighter /
trainers. The cockpit setup on the trainer type resembles that of a
A-37 Cessna or the T-37 Cessna aircraft...except not quite as wide.

, On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:41:13 GMT, Ron DeBlock
wrote:

===The aircraft I mentioned was a two-seater, I'm nearly positive that the
===seats were tandem (one behind the other), not side-by-side. I was in the
===thing, and I can't remember for sure (gettin' old, I guess). Dunno if it
===was built that way or converted.
===
===The guy that owned the Hunters is British, and had flown for the RAF in
===Africa. He kept them at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton airport in PA before he
===sold them. Some guys get the really cool toys, though I imagine they
===weren't cheap (I didn't ask what they cost).

"The original frugal ponder"