SQLit

"Fr@nk" wrote in message
news:xc3Je.68416$FP2.5752@lakeread03...
Hi. I'd like to pour a simple 3' x 8' concrete slab (4" thick) as a

walkout
from my basement's sliding door. Since I don't really need to dig very

deep
into the soil for this, I'm wondering if I still need to have my local
utility companies come out and mark the location of underground cables.

For
that matter, if there are buried cables right under this area, is it even

good idea to put a slab on top? Or should I put something more "temporary"
(bricks on sand, patio blocks, etc.) that I can remove easily if needed?
Thanks for the help.

Fr@nk

Calling them is pretty cheap insurance.

I have seen phone cables just covered over in a yard. Do not concern your
self about the concrete. The utilities where I live will avoid it or go
under it. If replacement becomes an issue.