CW

Some claim it's normal. Mine doesn't do it nor would I stand for it if it
did.

"zz" wrote in message
hi
when putting a piece of 6x2 hrough a planing machine [thicknesser they
call it] i notice that at the start of the board after it pulled
through that there is a depression at the front of the board like the
knves really dug in for the first couple of inches then the rest is
pretty flat all the way along. They guy who was showing me how to use
it said thats normal [community access wood workshop].

is it normal??
or is it a badly set up or low quality machine??

I have some very high quality mahogany i want to machine and dont
really want to waste that leading edge if i can help it

also is it beter to do the edges with a jointing machine or a bench
router and fence??

as you can see i know very little so thanks for answering my very
basic question
zz