Duane Bozarth

Sasha wrote:

I did a lot of remodeling and wiring in my house. I had to change a lot
of existing circuits. I often used switched box, either metal or
plastic with cover. Many times the switch box is inaccessible when I
don't have way to connect two wires in assessable box. Inspector never
told me anything about inaccessible boxes and I don't understand why
they cannot be used. Otherwise I had to rip off entire house to get to
the accessible box where one piece of wire starts.

A. Probably the inspector didn't say anything because he was unaware of
what you did. Alternatively, he could have just been incompetent, but
that's less likely.

B. The "why" is precisely because of the "in" in inaccessible. It then
becomes not only a problem w/ destroying the finish wall in a house when
there's a problem, it's a hide and seek game to find the location of the
hidden box that has the loose connection in the even there is a
problem--and trust me, there will be a problem of some sort at some
point in time.