badgolferman

Fr@nk, 8/6/2005, 9:47:48 AM, wrote:

Hi. I'd like to pour a simple 3' x 8' concrete slab (4" thick) as a
walkout from my basement's sliding door. Since I don't really need to
dig very deep into the soil for this, I'm wondering if I still need
to have my local utility companies come out and mark the location of
underground cables. For that matter, if there are buried cables right
under this area, is it even a good idea to put a slab on top? Or
should I put something more "temporary" (bricks on sand, patio
blocks, etc.) that I can remove easily if needed? Thanks for the
help.

Fr@nk

What would it hurt to call them out? It's free and you will not have
to worry about possibly cutting something.

--
"The least thing upset him on the links. He missed short putts because
of the uproar of butterflies in the adjoining meadows."