Lobster

chris French wrote:
In message . com,
writes

I need to replace a wooden 'Georgian' style window that is rotten. I
know how to get it out but have never fitted a double glazed unit
before.

The glazing can be fixed in various ways. best is to use glazing tape
(or whatever it was called, basically a self adhesive tape) and gazing
silicone. though you can use silicone or there is a mastic you spread on
with knife you can use which I found total pain to use.

The way the glazing is fixed is normally specific to the type/brand of
window used - it's vital to do what the manufacturer says as regards
spacers/beads/tape etc as if you do it wrong, you're likely to break the
unit. I once had a window broken by a professional glazier, because the
who window was different to the type his firm supplied, and he used
the wrong method (I found out later).

David