Chris

Thanks Chris, doesn't sound too daunting. I'll have a close study of
units at DIY stores this week and see how they fit. If the glass and
frame come as two separate pieces (which I didn't realise ) then it
should be OK.

Cheers

Brian

As far as the windows from Wickes are concerned (I wouls expect other
DIY units to be similar), the glass is fitted (held in place by the
beads) but with the protective strip covering the adhesive tape still
fitted. When you remove the beads, the glass comes out - you then fit
the frame, remove the adhesive tape covering and refit the glass and beads.

The trick we found was to line up the glass with spacers with the tape
covering still fitted, because once the glass sticks to the tape it is
not going to want to unstick and be repositioned.

HTH

Chris

--
Cut along the dotted line to reply