Martin H. Eastburn

Grant Erwin wrote:

Jeniffer Ness wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote in
:

Recommend Hypertherm Powermax 600. Great little machine. Cuts up to
1/2", consumables are readily available.

This is the one I have been looking at. I have never seen one and I
wondering if it have a 220v plug or does it get hard wired?

You can use it on 110V if you like. I have a welder receptacle so I just
put an Eagle 50A welder plug on mine.

I saw the specs on this unit and saw the doc. on slow blow fuses and
thought that would mean hardwiring. Is this correct?

Oh, I wouldn't pay any attention to that unless your fuse starts
blowing. I use mine at max amps all the time on a regular circuit
breaker and no problem. Well, it's a 30A breaker, so it shouldn't ...

Also, I was wondering about the consumables. How often are they to be
changed on average? I know this has to do alot with speed, thickness
ect ect.. Any thoughts on the consumables for the Hypertherm Powermax 600
let me know.

Consumable life can be considerably extended by using perfectly clean
dry air. Of course, getting clean dry air isn't cheap either! I have a
little Dayton refrigerated air dryer with a filter which lives on the
bottom of my plasma cutter cart. Putting that inline took a lot of the
"crackle" out of my cutting and makes it seem to cut better. They call
out for about $500 worth of air filtering, and most guys don't use any.
I can't tell you how long mine last on average because I've never
changed any yet. Of course, I'm real gentle with machinery compared to
some of the meatballs I see around ...

GWE

I run through consumables a little faster - very little hand use -
mostly CNC driving designs. Hundreds of inches is easily obtained.
It really depends on what and how much current you are using.

Also if one pushes it a bit - and starves it of cooling air - consumables burn up.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life