mclorson

hint "Two Open Triangles, Gyratory II Rickey's two wind driven
elements (geared down so that in high winds the parts are not
dangerous) provide an endless series of combined, almost dance like,
shapes and movements"

There are no gears that I was able to see close up. Even if so,
remarkable engineeering don't you think?

... If you look closely at the pictures, you
will notice that the edges are recessed and appear to be gear
connected (rack and pinion) to each other.

The triangles are not connected to each other.
There is a small lip around the entire outer surface where it appears
the exterior has been spot welded onto an internal frame
They move completely independant of each other. I'd like to know
more...where are you quoting from?
-Mike