IMM

Default Want to build a new house in my back garden

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:22:05 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

At the very best, what we may see in car technology, is some
enterprising small manufacturer- brand new - making a halfway decent
model that achieves some market penetration, and then is bought up by
one of the giants.

There is zero chance that they themselves would be able to produce one.

Very true.

As far as building go, things do move, but slowly. IMM is an idealistic
fantasist, but but by bit the market learns from elsewhere, and
gradually adapts to changing conditions. You cannot retrain an industry
of ill educated bodges to use different techniques overnight. But in due
course people with good ideas that save money and make better products
become examples to others, and progress happens.

You can't legislate FOR progress: At best you can legislate to remove
some of the obstacles. Progress comes from a very small group of
individuals with vision. Not from governments, and not from armchair
fantasists.

Exactly. Very succinctly put.

But wrong.