Andy Hall

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 18:53:36 +0100, Peter Hemmings
wrote:

Can someone tell me if there is such a substance, and if so what is it?

(I have an old softener that I think may benefit!)

Thanks

I have heard of a couple of options from softener suppliers:

- Flush some citric acid solution through the resin chambers to
dissolve crud etc. that has come in from the water supply.

- Replace the resin material in the chambers. Apparently this is
possible, but may not be economic if the control valve is in its
twilight years. At that point it could be throwing more money at the
issue than is warranted.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl