Michael Gresham

20 years ago I built a bookcase out of 2x10's with no back (I still have
it). It has a very noticeable list to one side. The shelves are dadoed
about 3/4" , screwed and glued into the verticals. I wish I had put a back
on it. Someday I'll get around to correcting that error. On the plus side,
I haven't made that error again.

--
Regards,
Mike
"Alan Smithee" wrote in message
I'm building a narrow-tall shelf for a friend. Using three-quarter inch
ply.
It's over 8' tall and about 21" wide. About 7or 8 shelves which I'm
dadoing
into the sides. The friend doesn't want a back on it though and I'm afraid
the whole thing may lack stability. What should I do? Tell 'em it needs a
back or it might fall apart? Reinforce with gussets? Or just glue the
dados
and hit it with some brads and clamp the be-jesus out of it? Thx.