Prometheus

On 5 Aug 2005 14:27:28 -0700, wrote:

I figured wood workers might be a good group to post this question to.
Was building an outdoor shed in our back yard. Had a lot of tools out
there. Foolishly trusted the weather man who claimed no chance of
showers.

We caught a pop of thunder shower today. Had all my tools for the shed
outside. Got rained on hard for 15 minutes. Wondering if there is any
advice on how to handle them. I dried them all off (
and took them inside). But was wondering if sraying them internally
with WD40 for its water displacement qualities would help - or any
other suggestion.

Left out tools: framing nail gun, pancacke compressor, circular sawm
drill.

Nothing. What do you think construction workers do when it starts
raining? You may or may not get a little rust on consumable parts
like blades or drill bits, but the tools you listed are designed and
intended for use outdoors. Being outside means rain sometimes, and
most tools are just fine after a little moisture. If they start to
get really rusty, polish them up a bit, and wipe some oil on them, or
spray some WD-40. Don't get to worked up about it- if you've got
anything that could be described as a decent tool, it'll be fine.
Those tools are for use- not for looking at!