robo hippy

I was in a 400 ft square shop for several years, with all of the basic
tools, and a big lathe. It was so tight in there that I had to open the
doors to fart. When I moved, I got a 24 x 36 shop. One of my friends
told me that I would be amazed at how fast the new shop would fill up.
I told him that it would take about 4 hours. The one thing that I most
under estimated was how much room I would need for wood. I did build a
separate room for turning (about 8 x 10) and made a short ceiling, so
that I could store lumber on top. That helped. I still have jointer,
planer, drill press, small bandsaw,and drum sander on wheels. I made my
main work bench and the planer to be the same height as the tablesaw.
My next shop will be 2000 feet plus, with an out building or lean to
for logs, the compresser, and the dust collector. You will be able to
work on a few small things, or one large
thing in your shop, but not a number of things all at once.It won't be
a production shop, but you will have a lot of fun in it.
robo hippy