Edwin Pawlowski

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Ed Hayes writes:

I saw one in Home Depot for like 200 bucks.

At grocery store prices you'd have to use literally a ton of ice to break
even on the purchase. So this is strictly a convenience or quality
decision.

Your refrigerator-freezer will perform much better not making ice.

You'd have to use 1350 pounds (based on what I paid for 320 pounds today)
of ice to break even on a strict cost basis, but when you factor in
convenience, it may well be worth it. That trip to the store at 33¢ a mile
add up also.

OTOH, we buy ice for the drinking coolers at work. This machine will pay
for itself in one summer.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/