Frank Boettcher

I have about twice the machines in a 16 x 24 dedicated shop. Have
been getting along with that for 15 years.

However, planning a move and the next shop will be 25' x 40'. SWMBO
and I have struck a deal now that the kids are gone. New house will
be 1/3 smaller. Shop will be triple in size. Seems only fair.

Frank

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:58:16 -0500, "Steve DeMars"
wrote:

Poured a slab (7) years ago for a general purpose "shop". Not necessarily
woodworking. Never built the shop, threat of moving kept me from doing so.
Now (7) years later I want to get into woodworking & there sits that slab.
It's 22' long by 20' wide. . . Can I operate a woodworking shop without
"everything on wheels in that amount of space. Would be like to build
bookcases, smoking stands, tables of all sizes & some cabinets. Do I need to
pour more slab?

I have the following:

Table Saw - Delta Contractors with Biesemeyer 30" Fence
Drill Press - Delta 20" 70-200
Grinder on stand - Delta 8"
Air Compressor - vertical tank - Ingersoll Rand - 2HP
Hand power tools - drills, saws, etc . . (no specialized woodworking like
biscuit cutters)

Will buy eventually . . . wish list to be acquired over (2) year period

Miter Saw
Band Saw - large
Jointer
Planer
Router Table ( will build )
Dust Collector - (cyclone type
Lathe
Work Bench (will build )

Will it fit and work or do I "need" more slab . . . . suggestions please . .
. I figure I get one shot at this . . .