Stephen M

Short answer - yes.

My space is 20x24 (interior dimensions) less a stairwell... it about the
same or a shade bigger. I have big item on your list except the
compressor... and I have the 50" rip capacity which takes up some extra
space.

Do I wish I had more... heck yes, but it is not claustrophobic. I also do
not have room for much wood inventory in the shop.

As other have said, get out the graph paper and pay attention to infeed and
outfeed lanes. Share them between tool and even stack them vertically. Make
sure that your lanes don't smack into a bench. If you like your benches
high, like 36"; you had better raise up you stationary tools to at least
that level.

Cheat and use dorways or windoes as in/outfeed space. Once in a blue moon
you will want to rip a 10' board in your saw. If opening a door enables
that, it's a bonus.

As for height, I would say that 9' is the magic number. You want to be able
to manipulate sheet stock without whacking a light fixture. Of course, more
is better.

A skylight or two is really nice.

-Steve

"Steve DeMars" wrote in message
Poured a slab (7) years ago for a general purpose "shop". Not necessarily
woodworking. Never built the shop, threat of moving kept me from doing so.
Now (7) years later I want to get into woodworking & there sits that slab.
It's 22' long by 20' wide. . . Can I operate a woodworking shop without
"everything on wheels in that amount of space. Would be like to build
bookcases, smoking stands, tables of all sizes & some cabinets. Do I need

pour more slab?

I have the following:

Table Saw - Delta Contractors with Biesemeyer 30" Fence
Drill Press - Delta 20" 70-200
Grinder on stand - Delta 8"
Air Compressor - vertical tank - Ingersoll Rand - 2HP
Hand power tools - drills, saws, etc . . (no specialized woodworking like
biscuit cutters)

Will buy eventually . . . wish list to be acquired over (2) year period

Miter Saw
Band Saw - large
Jointer
Planer
Router Table ( will build )
Dust Collector - (cyclone type
Lathe
Work Bench (will build )

Will it fit and work or do I "need" more slab . . . . suggestions please .

..
. I figure I get one shot at this . . .