Tim Douglass

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:19:51 -0400, JoeTaxpayer
wrote:

I don't mean to be dense about this but;

The can was untouched for years, 7-8 my guess. My basement is 65 in
winter, maybe 75 in summer. I should have trashed it 5 years ago.

I have gallon cans of poly, will I have the same issue?

I understand the solvent soaked rag issue, I leave those out in the yard
to dry and throw out. My real question is, was there something unstable
that caused this? And what else might blow up? No fire, but this small
can made quite the mess.

Shellac is a natural, organic product. It is quite possible that if it
was a partial can there had been some contamination introduced at some
point that allowed bacteria to grow and eventually produce the
pressure and explosion. About the only thing I can think of.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com