nospambob

I burn maple without walking around the saw. I use a mix of pushing
jigs including one the rides the rip fence for 1/2" strip cuts.

On 4 Aug 2005 13:02:41 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
(snip)

For longer boards push through from the front then walk around saw and
pull through from back.

As a relative novice, I had thought about this technique but avoided it
because it "seemed" risky to leave the workpiece unattended while I
walked around the saw (yes I have roller supports for the outfeed). I
hadn't really thought it through, but as a novice I am EXTREMELY
cautious, maybe too much so in this case.

Is this a commonly accepted practice. Any tips to make it as safe as
possible?

Thanks,
Tom