Harry Pye

mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 04:12:32 GMT, "Jeff" wrote:

Just curious: why aren't Poolewood lathes available here? I can make
educated guesses at the reasons, but does anyone know for sure?

At one time David Ellsworth was the sole distributor of Poolewood lathes
in the U.S. Bill Grumbine bought his from David. I took some lessons
from Bill and turned on his Poolewood. It is a fine lathe. David
Ellsworth uses four of them in his workshops.

I understand that Poolewood lost their vendor for castings and stopped
producing lathes. I don't know if they will start again.