Default Power tools in the rain: adice?

I figured wood workers might be a good group to post this question to.
Was building an outdoor shed in our back yard. Had a lot of tools out
there. Foolishly trusted the weather man who claimed no chance of
showers.

We caught a pop of thunder shower today. Had all my tools for the shed
outside. Got rained on hard for 15 minutes. Wondering if there is any
advice on how to handle them. I dried them all off (
and took them inside). But was wondering if sraying them internally
with WD40 for its water displacement qualities would help - or any
other suggestion.

Left out tools: framing nail gun, pancacke compressor, circular sawm
drill.

Many thanks!