Rick

"Hook" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, according to the Warranty company, they said the quote they

got
from the repair company to complete the job was $1900! Granted

there
is concrete involved, but that is absolutely ridiculous! (to me
anyways). The contract only covers up to $500 for this kind of work
(broken plumbing). So I will take advantage of thier cash-out offer

of
about $440.

Thanks for the tip on the hieghts requirement. This replacement

flange
ring just clears the tile, so I think it will be OK. I'll check it

out
though.

Fortunately I have a chunk of brass tubing which I will use for the
spacers. I'm going to have to check out what kind of anchors to use

as
the maximum hole I can drill is through the screw hole in the

flange.

I'll have to go the silicone caulk route as, although I am an
accomplished home fixit guy, I have never done that type of

soldering.

Thanks for the feedback!

You beat me to it-your first paragraph says it all!

I'm sure the poor guy probably got reamed by the boss when he got
back to the shop and told the boss how much money he saved you : )