Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:05:27 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
.. .

I want to link some Hep2O to copper, so what about the copper pipe end
protectors mentioned he http://www.hep20.co.uk/v2Ocopper1.cfm
(Hepworth product code HX61).

Since noone seems to sell these am I right in assuming they are not
necessary??

What they do is stop swarf snipping the O ring as you push on the

fitting.
If you ensure there is no swarf at the end of the copper you can get away
with it.

If you use a tube cutter rather than your hacksaw, there won't be any
swarf or sharp edges to cut the O-ring.

10 out of 10. He has figured that out. Well this is the Internet.
Well not exactly as the odd bit of swarf (do you know what swarf is?) can
still be hanging around after using a wheel cutter.