Ian Cowley

In message ,
burbled:
All these replies are getting confusing!

Do you think the hot at the taps (not shower) is significantly cooler
than before?

If not then surely the shower is the issue? two different thermostats
giving same tank temp suggests tank temp itself is not the problem.
65degrees is steaming hot! if you are getting 56 at taps then my
opinion is shower/pipe run is the problem.

maybe a drop in mains pressure is preventing venturi from operating as
well. was the immersion replacement the only work done?

60-65 is the recommended temp for tank, you shouldn't need it higher
unless heat is being emitted over long pipe run. Lag those pipes!

Can't really decide if the hot water temperature is lower or not - it's just
bearably too hot at the moment, I think it was unbearably hot before.

The work carried out was to replace both immersion heaters and thermostats.
In the process there was a lot of draining of the tank (right down) and we
scopped out a lot of loose scale from the bottom of the tank (about 10
litres of scale flakes!). I think that's why the plumber thought that some
scale might have been blocking the hot water pipe to the venturi shower.

No noticeable drop in mains pressure.

Hmm, it looks like the new style thermostats are giving us lower
temperatures - anyone know where we can get old-style high-tem,perature
thermostats?

--
Ian Cowley
Bishop's Stortford/Cambridge, UK