Bob G.

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:04:20 GMT, DCH wrote:

Greetings All.....

It seems the time has come to get a better rip fence for my table
saw...it's an older sears contractors saw, the fence will not seem to keep
an adjustment and will sometimes lock out of whack with the blade, so I
thought I would get a new fence. In my research it looks like the
Biesemeyer is the way to go, but having never used anything else, and not
really being able to compare fences side by side, I thought I would ask the
opinion of the group about the various models ( Biesemeyer vs Vega vs Jet)
and see what ya'll thought, or is it six of one, half dozen of the other,
cause I'm sure most of them would be better than the one I have now...:

Thanks for the help...

DCH

================
I have been using a Biesmeyer (Homeshop) for well over 15 years...long
before the clones were on the market....and to be completely honest I
love the darn thing... Purchased the homeshop because the fence is
only 36 inches long instead of the 40 inches on the Commercial
version.. did not need it hanging off the back of the saw (27 in
deep table) ...both have rails that are about 6 foot long...

BUT I would have to say its really 6 of 1 half dozen of the other...I
think I would be happy with the Vega or any of the clones... I have
absolutely no use for a micro adjusting fence just not needed...and I
will never go back to any fence which locked fron and back...period...

Just my opinion...

Bob G..