Tomjac Tomjac is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Sony RPTV arcing and shutdown

Hello all, this is my first post. I have a Sony KP-57HW40, RA-6 chassis that has a shutdown problem. After the set runs for approx. 15 minutes, there is arcing under one of the connectors on the D board and then the set shuts down with a HV error. I unplugged the socket from the CRT's so that only one was on at a time. The problem only occurs when the red CRT is connected. I would suspect the CRT is arcing internally and feeding back to the connector. Is there a possibility it is not the CRT. The arcing appears to be between pins labeled G2 and DFT. Is there any chance a bumpy ride in a truck could have caused internal shorting of the CRT?

Last edited by Tomjac : August 5th 05 at 05:38 PM