Sounds too heavy, and too much work to lift it.

I use a commercially made compactor (=A31 in an auction). This is a 6"
square cast iron plate attached to a 1 1/2" steel rod. Because it's
relatively light (compared to your concrete dustbin-o-doom) I can jump
it up in the air easily, quickly and repeatedly over and over. With
your heavyweight I'd get a good squish from each blow, but I'd not be
able to use it continually or for anything like so many blows.

Careful de-rusting and polishing of the shaft paid dividends in reduced
blistering.