mike

Jim DeClercq wrote:
In technical terms, you probably have a "sulfated" battery.
In car sizes, 5 amps for 24 hours should get it charging in the
right direction. Smaller battery, less current. It will take a
while. You will be forming the battery, giving it its initial
charge.

Go for it.

Jim

mike writes:

: I bought a pair of electric scooters. They'd "fixed" the charger
: and managed to get the batteries charged backwards. Can I discharge
: them and charge 'em up forwards? Any special techniques? Fast/slow/
: charging?
: May be a moot point as I expect the speed controller box is fried too.
: mike

Thanks for the advice.
I fixed the charger and re-reversed the batteries. One scooter seems to
be working fine. The batteries seem to be ok on the other one, but
somebody ran it with insufficient air in the rear tire and hurt the
inner tube. Won't hold air long enough to give it a good test.
mike

..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
htremovethistp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/