ff

Default Plasma Cutters???

Jeniffer Ness wrote:

Hi Guys,

Looking for a Plasma Cutter. So many choices with little understanding.
This is for my boy friend as a HBD gift. Yes I know.... $$$$$.. He's worth
it..

Ok... Machine tourch. Cutting at most thickness is 1/2 steel. But he does
mostly lighter materials. I can't tell what he has now, but I know we are
building a new workshop that will have 220v service for his cutters..

Whats the best?
What is the one that uses the least comsumables (if used right) and does
the most percision cuts?
Does he really need 220v? If so why?

I read those specs and they all claim to be the best...They are all greek
to me.
Who's right?

Give it me straight.. I am ready to break out the CC but I want what is
right.

Thanks
Jen

Crossposting to rec.crafts.metalworking.

Fred