Gunner

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 06:06:39 -0500, the seventh sign
wrote:

In a console (command line with a shell)
Type "su" then enter
then your root password enter

Once done type dmesg then enter.
If you want it sent to a printer or txt file instead type "dmesg name
of text file.txt then enter for txt for printer "dmesg lpt0 or lpt1
depending on the number.
this will display more less the boot time messages and you can look for
ttyS0 or a line with ttyS in it.
Once found in the shell type " ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/modem" links the
modem to a place more usable by the kppp and if up and if down dialing
programs. just be sure it corresponds with the ttyS number you find in
that dmesg.

Yes i dual boot with both and they pretty much both have too many bugs
but I'll take linux any day over MS due to the fact they bought gator
and relaxed their adware / malware setting on gator software.
Once adware / malware always adware / malware. there is no excuse for it
and there is no reprieve for it!.

TSS

Thanks for the heads up on linux. Im still at the toddler stage as far
as commands and whatnot are concerned, and have been relying on GUI to
get things done. Ive got a couple Linux books, but they assume the
reader knows more than I do.

Sigh..and I was so comfortable with command line dos for years...

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli