Jim DeClercq

In technical terms, you probably have a "sulfated" battery.
In car sizes, 5 amps for 24 hours should get it charging in the
right direction. Smaller battery, less current. It will take a
while. You will be forming the battery, giving it its initial
charge.

Go for it.

Jim

mike writes:

: I bought a pair of electric scooters. They'd "fixed" the charger
: and managed to get the batteries charged backwards. Can I discharge
: them and charge 'em up forwards? Any special techniques? Fast/slow/
: charging?
: May be a moot point as I expect the speed controller box is fried too.
: mike

: --
: Return address is VALID but some sites block emails
: with links. Delete this sig when replying.
: .
: Wanted, PCMCIA SCSI Card for HP m820 CDRW.
: FS 500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 Make Offer
: Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
: Bunch of stuff For Sale and Wanted at the link below.
: MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
: htremovethistp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/

/"\ Jim --Sylvania, Ohio, USA
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus! |
X against HTML mail | Copy me into your ~/.signature|
/ \ and postings | to help me spread! |
..