James \Cubby\ Culbertson

DAGS and you'll find this subject has been discussed many times.

That said, I have the Vega and am very happy with it.

"Leon" wrote in message
t...

"DCH" wrote in message
Greetings All.....

It seems the time has come to get a better rip fence for my table
saw...it's an older sears contractors saw, the fence will not seem to
keep
an adjustment and will sometimes lock out of whack with the blade, so I
thought I would get a new fence. In my research it looks like the
Biesemeyer is the way to go, but having never used anything else, and not
really being able to compare fences side by side, I thought I would ask
the
opinion of the group about the various models ( Biesemeyer vs Vega vs
Jet)
and see what ya'll thought, or is it six of one, half dozen of the other,
cause I'm sure most of them would be better than the one I have now...:

Several years ago I had a 1983 model Craftsman TS. I put the Bies clone
on it. It was the Jet Exacta fence. About 5 years ago I sold that saw
with the Jet fence for $400.