Ken Moon

"Ruth Niles" wrote in message
Bill, you got just about all the good answers there are for this
situation.
I grind off 2 prongs (it's easier to cut a slit rather than a perfect
cross); I sparpen the prongs (not a lot, just enough to make them thinner
and sharper; I tighten up on the tailstock not just when it slips but
after a few cuts, the wood loosens. Possibly this is why you're getting
catches, especially on spindle turning. Not that it's not common to get
catches when turning between centers, it's just not that common. The
only time I get catches turning spindles is when I'm using the skew and
reading something at the same time. kidding : )

Ruth,
Can you post us a video of that??

Ken Moon