Lobster

Mr Fizzion wrote:
I want to create a tiled box in the bathroom fixed in the corner of
the room. It will be one tile deep, 2.5 m high and around 800mm wide.
Behind it will run a few pipes and fixed to it will be a Grohe wall
mounted shower mixer.

Obviously the water pipes need to be connected to the shower behind
the tiled panel. If I ever need to replace the shower I will need
access to the fittings behind the panel.

You posted about this same project a few days ago, right? If this is
the same scenario, why can't the access panel be in the side of the
boxing, which wouldn't need to be waterproof? I'm assuming by "1 tile
deep" they are biggish tiles, not tiny ones?

In my setup (described in the response to your previous post) I tiled
the front (on an Aquapanel base) and nailed 6mm WBP ply down the side,
leaving one section removable (at shower gubbins height) and fixed with
domed mirror screws. The cavity is just big enough to get my arm in.

David