JoeJoe

"Séan Connolly" mrcATseanDASHconnollyDOTcoDOTuk wrote in message
The vendor has stated that they won't negotiate, even though our survey
estimates the price we offered is still 3k over market value and has
stated some work should be carried out before we complete.

Walk away then, its would be daft imo to pay 3k over the market value and
then pay for even more work to get it up to standard. Let them stew for a
bit, they'll probably drop the price in the end.

Send 5 different surveyors, and you will get 5 different figures.... What
is a market value anyway? Only what someone is prepared to pay. We can all
look up the land registry for similar properties in the vicinity, which is
exactly what this people do.

My mate spent 4 years (Scotland) in the pub doing a geography degree. He
then spend another year at university, and at the end of it was a qualified
surveyor. A real expert...

P.S.: I know, I know, as with any profession some of them are very good.
However a professional who qualifies everything he/she says is no expert in
my books...