Bob(but not that Bob)

bryanska wrote:

Hello, any advice is appreciated.

I am about to buy a house with a roughly-constructed basement bathroom.

It was listed on the MLS as a 2-bed, 2-bath (one upstairs, one down. I
had the house inspected because in MN it's required before every
purchase.

The owners had us over last night to see if we'd want anything they
were hoping to leave behind (lawnmower, etc).

I asked him if the basement shower was vented and P-trapped (a strict
code requirement). He said it wasn't. He may have been wrong, but I
don't think so - he seemed pretty sharp about his house. I haven't had
the chance to look at the shower drain to find out. I am assuming if
the shower wasn't P-trapped, the toilet wasn't either. Big code no-no.

A P-trap for the toilet?