zxcvbob

moose wrote:

As a personal preference (and I think preferred by codes), I'd do
this with a single 12/3 NMW (or UF) and tie-barred breaker, and just
inside the shed I'd split it into two 12/2 branches. You sometimes save
a bit of money, and it's a little easier to install.

I think I see what your saying. Have two (15A?) tied breakers sharing
neutral and ground, with separate hots? That sounds like the best
solution. GFCI is code I assume for the breakers.
thanks

At the shed, you'll split the circuit into two branches. One goes to
your electric outlets, and the first one gets a GFCI to protect
everything downline from it. The other goes first to the lights
(without a GFCI) and then to any specialty outlets you might have (like
a freezer that your don't want on a GFCI), and *then* another GFCI
outlet and more convenience outlets if you want.

GFCI devices are cheaper than GFCI breakers (especially if you'd need a
2-pole GFCI breaker), and you don't want a GFCI on some things (lights,
freezers, maybe a sump pump, etc.)

Check on adding a supplemental grounding electrode at the shed and
connecting it to the ground wire at the first J-box.

Bob