Roger Taylor

wrote in message
oups.com...
To do much good, I think the end grain has to be penetrated and filled.
A spray would not, in my opinion, put enouth material into the end
grain to do much good.
TB

OK, dip the ends and let them soak overnight!
Whether you use Copper Green spray, or liquid in a can, or their equivalents
in other brands, it is the least viscous coating I can imagine. It has the
"soakability" of paint thinner or kerosene, both being pretty good
penetrants. It is purely a penetrant, not a coating.
Agreed, not much of anything will soak into PT wood, but sawn endgrain is
highly absorptive. No how many brushfulls of copper green I put on my new pt
2x4 fence framing, the end pieces kept begging for more, so it must have
soaked in pretty well.