CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Steve Stone wrote:
I don't know how hot your computer room gets.
In my home office there is a 2k VA Tripplite UPS, 4 tower PC's, 2 of
which run 24x7 along with ham radio gear that runs all the time and big
old 20 amp dc power supplies to run the ham gear. Add to that 3 CRT
style displays a laptop computer, battery chargers, printer, 2 routers,
a switch, a couple of police scanners, and a small Merlin PBX. Room size
is 9 x 15.
A/C in room next to it but no A/C duct in this room. A ceiling fan in
the computer / office seems to keep the air mixed up enough to be
comfortable even when it is 98 degrees outside.

Thats amazing. Im running an AMD XP3200+ and an Ati 9700Pro graphics
card. This computer is a heat box. Its the real heat generator and the
room is hot but bearable before I turn it on. Laser printer is there
too but the heat is not too much.

Im seriously considering the 'Reserator' silent water cooling system to
get the heat out from under the desk.

I should also mention this room is 1/2 over the garage, and the garage
gets HOT as well.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert