Clark Griswold

"Arco" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

My landlord replaced our old leaky windows with new vinyl double-hung
windows. Now a few years later, a few of the windows no long will stay
open. I can see a piece of twisted metal that looks as if it has sprung
loose at its base.

Is this a difficult fix? I'm pretty handy but I can't quite figure this
one out..

any help appreciated.

Find out who made the window, they may be still under warranty. A phone call
or an email from their web site might get you the parts you need for free.
Take the balance off and replace it with the new one.

But, this is the landlord's responsibility. Make the call.